JOB TITLE: Payroll Administrator
REPORTS TO: Directors and Clients
- Preparation and production of Payroll, to ensure that all staff receives accurate and timely payment of salary with the appropriate statutory and non-statutory deductions
- Liaise with payroll provider re SMP Payment schedules.
- Accurate and timely preparation of payroll data relating to deductions/ allowances and submit to the payroll provider. (Benefits, ATE, Pensions etc)
- Preparation and submission of bonus payments to payroll provider
- Preparation of Monthly Net Salaries Payment Analysis
- Reconcilement of Tax and Social Security payments to governing bodies.
- Handling Auto Enrolment and calculation of pension deductions
- Responsible for uploading pension information to respective portal and generating pension reports for clients
- Interim Tax, Social Security, and third-party reconcilements.
- Preparation of Year End Reports and Returns to Finance and regulatory bodies.
- Collation and preparation of PSA payment.
Query resolution posed by third parties i.e. Inland Revenue, Social Security and employees
- Prepare ad hoc reports relating to the payroll function as required.
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc tasks and projects as and when required.
- Run payroll reports.
- To provide additional support as required
Substantive payroll experience, (computerised and manual).
Good excel skills, ideally a working knowledge of IRIS Payroll.
Comprehensive knowledge of Inland Revenue requirements.
Experience of working in a customer facing environment.
Good communicative skills; professional telephone manner with a pro-active, friendly and helpful manner is essential.
Able work on own initiative to establish the cause of problems and resolve issues effectively
Flexible and adaptable to embrace change
Effective organization and planning skills; able to plan and prioritise the workload efficiently and meet challenging deadlines.
Highly customer focused; excellent customer service skills.
Self-motivated to achieve individual and team objectives.
Identify and support continuous improvement opportunities (both system and procedural).
Good attention to detail.
Customer Service Responsibilities
Continually enhance Hale Financial Limited’s reputation for excellent customer service both internally and externally; respond courteously to queries.
Deliver service in line with agreed controls and procedures.
Participate in continuous improvement initiatives within own area and across Hale Financial Limited as a whole; proactively seek opportunities to improve service delivery to customers.
Undertake other adhoc activities required by HR/Payroll Management.
Teamwork and Development
Maintain good working relations with Audit /taxation and accountancy teams and other process teams within Hale Financial Limited.
Work as a member of the team, participating fully in team activities and taking joint responsibility for team goals.
Hale Financial Limited
Client/Customer Focus – Takes personal responsibility for ensuring delivery against promises to the customer; quickly removes barriers to effective delivery; Goes the extra mile to meet customers’ critical needs.
Trust – Acting with the highest standards of integrity and openness to ensure the trust of those we serve.
Teamwork – Fostering diversity and collaboration to deliver our very best.
Outperformance – Consistently exceeding the expectations of our customer.
Hale Financial Limited is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.